Why You’ll Love This General Manager Job
Do you enjoy managing operations and ensuring everything runs smoothly? Bring your management skills and join the Triangle Visions team today in this General Manager job in our Asheville, NC location.
The General Manager has a fiduciary responsibility to Triangle Visions Optometry. They are responsible for the overall performance of a practice location. They manage all operations of the location to include patient experience, personnel, merchandising, sales, inventory management, payroll, profitability, training and safety. This position works directly with location medical leadership to ensure we meet and exceed the company’s standards of patient care.
When you join Triangle Visions, you become part of a close-knit team that shares a passion for providing care with a personal touch. Here, you will work alongside leaders who value your personal life and will support and encourage you each day. With a monthly bonus plan, PTO, paid holidays, free vision coverage, and free eyewear, you will feel valued and appreciated for your hard work. Bring your passion for managing teams and you will enjoy coming to work each day in this General Manager job located in our Asheville, NC location.
No prior management experience necessary (for optical candidates): We welcome applications from experienced Opticians who are seeking a promotional opportunity into a managerial role. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
Join the Triangle Visions team and apply for our General Manager job today!
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed established customer experience through Customer Surveys and Touchpoint management.
- Respond to and resolve all patient concerns using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
- Work with functional management and location medical leadership to create a co-management environment which balances patient care with best business practices.
- Work with management to utilize Patient Schedule Template in a way that optimizes patient flow throughout the office and ensure minimum wait time for patients.
- Deliver all eyeglasses and contact lenses within established promised times.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement by identifying areas of inefficiency and taking corrective action.
- Ensure all employees are properly cross trained within all areas of the office.
- Trained and capable of stepping into every hourly position under their direct supervision to support patient care as needed.
- Ensure all selling standards are achieved to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Lead daily/weekly staff huddles.
- Create a climate of security and integrity to control inventory shrink from both internal and external theft.
- Develop maximum productivity through employee scheduling to the needs of the customer.
- Work with HR Manager on all aspects of supervision including recruitment, training, counseling, performance appraisals and development of all associates.
- Monitor and enforce company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain facility to company standards including building, equipment, parking lot and grounds.
- Minimize location write-offs through accurate third-party insurance filing and collection of patients past due invoices.
General Manager Job Qualifications
- AA or BA/BS desired.
- Must have ABO Certification or must be obtained within 12 months of hire date.
- Minimum 3-5 years prior optical experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated success working and managing in a retail office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage inventory control, sales controls and staffing controls to maximize the profitability of the clinic.
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales growth and proactively address changing trends.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written).
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry.