Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you enjoy providing exceptional patient care? Bring your knowledge of optometric practices and join the Triangle Visions team today in this Optometric Technician job in our Lillington, NC location.
As an Optometric Technician, a candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and customer service focused. An Optometric Technician’s primary responsibility is medical pretesting duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first. This individual will also help with front desk reception as needed to help maintain a good office flow.
When you join Triangle Visions, you become part of a close-knit team that shares your passion for providing care with a personal touch. Here, you will work alongside leaders who value your personal life and will support and encourage you each day. With a monthly bonus plan, PTO and paid holidays, free vision coverage, and free eyewear, you will feel valued and appreciated for your hard work. Bring your passion for providing exceptional patient care and you will build a career you love in this Optometric Technician job located in our Lillington, NC location.
Join the Triangle Visions team and apply for our Optometric Technician job today!
Optometric Technician Job Responsibilities
- Greets all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Gather preliminary data through patient pretest, such as documenting chief complaints, gathering patient’s medical history, measuring visual acuity, eye movement, interocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual fields, and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Educate the patient throughout the prescreening process of what each machine is testing for and provide instructions to provide accurate test results.
- Accurately and efficiently document results of pretesting into the current EHR program.
- Preforms prescription lens verification with a lensometer.
- Educating and instructing insertion and removal and proper care of contact lenses.
- Manages continuous patient flow by efficiently communicating with team members and providers.
- Accurately order, receive, and track contact lens orders through the EHR system and the distributors’ website.
- Clean and prepare each room before and after each patient.
- Ensure that all medical supplies and contact lens trials are fully stocked and not expired.
- Assist with answering phone calls/making appointments.
- Assist other members of the team when needed and available.
Optometric Technician Job Qualifications
- AA or BA/BS desired.
- 1-3 years prior optometric technician experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Interest in healthcare.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must present a professional appearance.
Date Posted: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 16:15:26 GMT
job number: 85277