Why You'll Love This Job!
Do you start each day ready to tackle anything that comes your way and pride yourself on being a great communicator? Are you focused on detail and organization? If you would enjoy being part of a like-minded healthcare team, Triangle Visions wants you as our Optometric Technician!
In the role of Optometric Technician, you would be the first in line to warmly and professionally greet patients and guests as they walk through our door. Patients would rely on you to schedule appointments, bridge any barriers between them and insurance companies, assist with insurance coverage questions they may have and help guide them in correct contact lens procedures. You also would put your skills and experience to use by handling office invoicing and record-keeping.
If you feel you would like to take the next step in your career with a company that values its employees, apply today for Triangle Visions' Optometric Technician position! Optometric Technician Responsibilities
Optometric Technician Qualifications
- Greet all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Operate a multi-line phone system. Maintain a database of correct patient information.
- Efficiently schedule appointments for multiple doctors across several offices.
- Act as a liaison between patients and insurance companies to verify insurance benefits.
- Educate patients on their individual insurance coverage and options. Correctly invoice insurance and patients.
- Accurately process patient payment transactions using point of sale software.
- Analyze, solve, and correct customer service issues using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
- Keep accurate daily accounting records.
- Cultivate an organized and orderly atmosphere.
- Efficiently complete and precisely document appropriate pre-testing of visual acuity, eye movement, intraocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual field and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Instruct patients on correct contact lens wear, care, insertion and removal.
- Accurately order, stock and dispense contact lens supplies.
- Achieve established Front Desk Associate and Optometric Technician goals and objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- AA or BA/BS desired.
- 1-3 years prior optical experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented. Interest in healthcare.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Some in city travel required.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 00:30:01 GMT
job number: 15032